Prof. Dr. phil. Nikola KompaHochschullehrerinnen, Prüfungsausschuss, Geschäftsführende Institutsdirektorin
Tel.: +49 541 969-7109
CV / Werdegang
I am currently holding a professorship of Theoretical Philosophy (W3; since 2011). I work on a variety of topics within the field of theoretical philosophy, with a clear focus on issues pertaining to epistemic evaluation on the one hand and language & cognition on the other.
Habilitation in philosophy, University of Muenster/Germany 2008.
Ph.D. in philosophy, University of Munich/Germany 1998 (PhD examination in philosophy/logic & philosophy of science/psychology)
M.A. in philosophy, University of Munich/Germany 1996 (philosophy/logic & philosophy of science/psychology).
2009-2011: Assistant Professor of Theoretical Philosophy; University of Bern/Switzerland;
2002-2009: Assistant, University of Muenster/Germany;
1999-2002: Lecturer of philosophy; University of Munich/Germany.
2002: Visiting scholar at New York University
1999/2000: Visiting scholar at New York University
Grants, fellowships and awards:
- PI in DFG-Research Training Group Situated Cognition (Bochum/Osnabruck) (2017-2026).
- PI in Joint Israel-Lower-Saxony Research Grant (VW) Is Knowledge relative? PIs: Igal Kvart (Hebrew University); Nikola Kompa (2016-2020).
- Prize for Excellence in Academic Research, awarded annually by the Society for the Advancement of the Wilhelms-University at Muenster/Germany (2009).
- Spokesperson scientific network “A Priori Justification” (DFG) (2005-2007)
- Research grant, German Research Foundation (DFG) (2000-2002). DFG-network “A Priori Justification” (2005-2007).
- Postdoctoral grant, German Research Foundation (DFG) (1999-2000).
- Doctoral scholarship, Free State of Bavaria (1996-1998).